Poster making ACTIVITY
Celebrating Happy Periods Day with Posters
To spread awareness on the day, schools, NGOs may organize a Poster-Making activity wherein the students especially boys, women, etc create posters that say “Happy Periods Day 2020” and they may also contain Period Positive messages such as:
I RESPECT WOMEN
I RESPECT WOMANHOOD
I EXIST BECAUSE WOMEN MENSTRUATE
I RESPECT PERIODS
NO PERIODS NO LIFE
I WISH ALL WOMEN HAVE HAPPY AND SAFE PERIODS
How to Conduct Activity in Schools-
Teachers introduce the idea of celebrating the day to their students.
• Teachers may keep an hour aside for poster-making activity approximately1 week pri¬or to 5th February 2020. This week can be celebrated as the Period Week.
• In case the school receives pre-made poster templates, the teachers can distribute them and ask the students to prepare the posters.
• Alternatively, the students can also draw their posters either at home or in their schools before 5TH February 2020.
• The students and teachers may hold a Happy Period Day Exhibition and the best posters may be displayed in the exhibition on 5th February 2020.
• Teachers may take lots of pictures, videos etc of the Poster making process and the Exhibitions.
• The teachers will upload the pictures or videos on social media (Facebook, Insta¬gram, Twitter) with the hashtag #HappyPeriodsDay and #PushTheStigmaAway and also tag @fairgaze on their posts.
• The teachers may also send these pictures and videos to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org so that they can be uploaded.
• Prizes will also be given for the following categories: Best Poster, For Teachers who conducted this activity most creatively and the schools that conducted this activity for the most number of students.